Sunday, February 16, 2014

Ten Days of Knitting

No sewing this weekend:  I have raging toothache and can hardly bear to move from the sofa.  This is good for my knitting though!
I have two single socks to show you.
First up:  Arnulf by Rachel Coopey.  Once I hit the stripes there was no stopping me!


I need to get myself to that point with sock 2 this week and then it will be all systems go.


And this is another Rachel Coopey design:  Solar Flair.

Although it is easily memorised, this stitch pattern aggravates my RSI, so progress is slower than expected.  I might take a break before I start sock 2.

I have reached a happy place with my Monte Rosa cardigan:  I can see what I am doing now and am less reliant on the charts. These pictures show what it looks like at the end of page 5.


I love the way the shoulders turned out!

I came close to casting on a new shawl  / scarf the other day:  Vintage Fremont.
Photo taken from the designer's page on Ravelry
It reminds me a bit of the Hitchhiker Shawl but is a bit more delicate with those lacey sections.

I even wound a skein of sock yarn into a ball before I realised it was a bit too crisp and borderline scratchy - that's no use for a scarf!  So I am just considering my options:  I have no shortage of soft and luxurious goodies in the stash, I just need to make a decision.  Perhaps I need to start by deciding who I am knitting it for - the plan of a genius!

4 comments:

mothersruin said...

I've never known anybody whip up socks as rapidly as you! Love the shawl and the colour is stunning too - what colour did you have in mind for your version?

beate grigutsch said...

i´m sorry for your tooth! hope it will get better soon!
that anulf sock looks like strawberry covered with chocolate :-)
unpatiently waiting for the finished monte rosa cardi - what a gorgeous pattern!

MaryinTN said...

Socks and sweater are beautiful. Very sorry to hear about your toothache! Hope you feel better soon! Teeth, back and feet pain are the absolute worst!

Rehanon Mackenzie said...

You are a machine! Those socks are amazing :)