Saturday, March 01, 2014

FO: Vintage Fremont Shawl

Blue skies!
Sunshine!
Over-exposed photographs!
It is March and it is not raining.
WOW.
I finished my first Vintage Fremont shawl.
Despite my earlier descriptions of the colourway as somehow post-apocalyptic, it appears to blend in well with an Aberdeenshire duck pond.  Discuss.
I absolutely loved  the process of knitting this.
I am going to do it again.  Soon.
And the finished object is pretty special too:  garter stitch, lace, that wonderful saw-tooth edging, all together in a great big asymmetrical triangular swoop of knitting.

This is the tiny ball of yarn I had left out of 400 metres.  It was a close thing.

Stats:
Pattern:  Vintage Fremont by Jami Brynildson, Knitting Bee.
Yarn:  Flockly from Skein Queen in the Hollowgast colourway.  There are a couple of people destashing it on Ravelry right now if you fancy some.  I would if I were you.  70% superwash BFL, 20% silk, 10% cashmere.  Gorgeous.
Inspired by:  Stash and Burn podcast.
Process:  Blissful compulsive knitting.
Verdict:  The first of many.  If you are on my birthday or Christmas list, prepare yourself now.

3 comments:

Xenia Kathryn said...

Lovely! I can't help but marvel at the small (online, at least) world we're in... Knitting Bee is one of our local yarn shops, here in Portland. I love the bridges in this city, including the one this shawl was named after. I'm so inspired... I just might have to knit this one up! :) Thanks for sharing!

Sarahel said...

Everything about this is lovely, and looks practical with it -and so quick.

RooKnits said...

Oh wow, love it Roo x